OnAir Radio is our fully integrated radio automation software system for radio stations of all sizes.
OnAir Radio contains everything you need to run your radio station: player, music scheduler, multiple carts, jingle machine, recorder, music library, mix editor and integrated RDS.
OnAir Radio handles multiple stations and is able to broadcast localized commercials to different regions.
The player has an user friendly interface and is easy to understand while all functions are quickly available. There are no unnecessary buttons nor an abundant use of colors, resulting in a clean screen.
The player can be used in Autoplay modus for non-stop and in live-assist modus for manual operation.
With the ‘Auto reload’ function switched on, all changes in the scheduler will be reflected in the playlist.
The player can be connected to analogue and digital consoles, allowing you control the player with your console.
The mix editor
The player has a built in mix editor. This mix editor not only enables you to quickly adjust cross-overs, but is also used to record voice-tracks. It is also possible to edit the recorded items, making this a very versatile tool.
Carts are small stand-alone player which can be used in live-assist situations.
Every cart can be loaded with as many items as you want; All items can be played individually but is is also possible to play the items in non-stop modus with the ‘Auto Play’ function.
Voicetracks can be inserted and recorded in carts, just like in the Player.
You can open as many carts as you have audio outputs available.
Carts can be connected to analogue and digital consoles, allowing you to control the carts with your console.
OnAir Radio is equipped with a very flexible Jingle Player. This Jingle Player is the perfect tool to start items very quickly during live-assist.
An unlimited amount of different Jingle Players can be defined. Every Jingle player can contain 64 items.
Every button on the player can have its own custom colour.
The Jingle Player can be connected to the Novation Launchpad for even quicker access.
If the Jingle Player is connected to the Novation Launchpad the colors of the buttons on the software will be the same as on the Novation Launchpad.
The Jingle Player can be controlled with the Novation Launchpad.
OnAir Radio, as a complete radio automation software system, is able to connect to both analogue and digital consoles; OnAir Radio can be connected to the Axia models from the Telos Alliance, the digital radio consoles of Wheatstone or the USB consoles of D&R. Analogue consoles can be attached with a Labjack.
The Axia models from the Telos Alliance and the digital radio consoles of Wheatstone are excellent examples of digital radio: Not only the music is transported over TCP/IP, also all the I/O traffic for your Faderstarts are TCP/IP based. This means that you only need a network cable to control OnAir Radio with your console.
OnAir Radio also can be combined with the Airlite console of D&R. Transport of your audio and I/O for the faderstarts is done over USB.
Of course, OnAir Radio can also combined with your analogue console. The LabJack USB device will then handle the I/O communication for your fader-starts.
Operating multiple stations or channels
OnAir Radio is perfectly suited to operate multiple stations or channels:
- Every radio station or channel is controlled from the same console and all your assets are stored in one single library.
- The central planner makes playlists for all your stations.
- You can start up a player for every station. You can start multiple players on one PC or divide the players on multiple PC’s
There is no limitations on the amount of stations that can be operated with OnAir Radio. The screenshot below shows the 18 radiostations of FM Tadka from Jaipur, India, all being managed by OnAir Radio.
Centrally operating multiple stations on remote locations
If you have multiple stations on different remote locations and want to manage them from your headquarters our ‘remote player’ solution can be used
- The library is managed at the central location.
- The scheduler and the playlists are managed at the central location.
- The commercials are managed at the central location.
- The files are managed at the central location.
- After making schedules for all your remote sites in the central location the play logs are distributed completely automatically to all your remote stations.
- All files like music, promo’s and commercials are being synchronized in the background to all remote locations using a peer-to-peer mechanism.
- If a playlist for one or more of the remote sites is changed at the central location, the playlist will automatically change in the remote sites. This will be done near real-time and the process is completely automatic.
- It is still possible to operate the players on the remote site independently. In this way, you can have a nice mix between making live radio on the remote location and still making the playlists centrally.
If you are broadcasting to different regions and want to broadcast different commercials (or other localized content like news, traffic, jingles, promos etc) you can use our Commercial Player system.
The system is fully scalable. It doesn’t matter whether you are broadcasting in 2, 9 or 40 different regions, our commercial players can handle it easily.
If regionalized blocks differ in lengths, OnAir Radio will handle the filling of the shorter blocks. This is done completely automatic. A sophisticated algorithm is used for the filling: Normal items, commercials, station ID’s, jingles, promo’s and white spaces are being used at various positions to ensure a smooth listening experience.
- The commercial Players can be installed on a single pc or can be divided over multiple pc’s.
- The main play out controls the Commercial Players. All communication is done over IP and this even works on a WAN. You could set up a live broadcasting event outside your studio and control the commercial player over a VPN connection.
- If the Commercial Players differ in length because you sold more commercials in certain regions then in other regions, the software automatically fills up to the longest edition. We use a sophisticated algorithm for the filling: Normal items, commercials, station ID’s, jingles, promo’s and white spaces are being used at various positions to ensure a smooth listening experience.
- The filling of the Commercial Players will be done in near real-time. It is possible to change files seconds before airing. In this way it is always possible to broadcast the latest local news or change commercials at the very last moment.
- All regions will be filled up in such a way that the maximum difference between the regions is 50 milliseconds. This is impossible to hear for the human ear.
- The last item of the playlist will have a (adjustable) cross-fade of 500 ms with the first item in the commercial players. Nobody will hear that the broadcast has been transferred to the Commercial Players. At the end of the commercial block, there will be a cross-fade back to the player as well.
- A combination of multiple stations with regionalized editions is possible as well: You can set up multiple stations, each with its own set of regions.
- Most important: The whole process of filling is done completely automatic. No manual labor is involved.
Multiple regions in live-assist
The DJ can start the Commercial Players from the player just like a normal item. So, in a live-assist situation, starting a Commercial Player (or a set of commercial players) is not different from starting just any ordinary item in your playlist. A clear progress bar shows the DJ how long the commercial block will run.
RDS is integrated in the software and shows you both static and dynamic messages. Of course, also the ‘now playing’ can be shown if you like.
Like all onAir Radio modules, the RDS module can be used for multiple stations and editions.
OnAir Logger is a stand-alone application that contains a set of loggers. It can record audio from different sources and make recordings immediately available for (re-)broadcasting or archiving. By connecting OnAir Logger to an output on your mixing console every sound coming from your mixing console can be recorded.
By using commands in your clocks or playlist, recording and repeating of broadcasts can be done completely automatic. Of course, it is possible that the news and commercials will not be recorded and hence will not be repeated.
Because OnAir Logger is a stand-alone application, it can be installed on any omputer in your network. This computer can then be connected to your console. OnAir logger can be controlled remotely via other pc’s in your network.
OnAir Logger makes OnAir Radio the perfect radio automation software system for stations who want to repeat programs fully automatic or who want to record telephone calls and make them available for broadcast immediately without having to use external tools.
OnAir Radio, as a completely integrated radio automation system, has an integrated scheduler. A good scheduler is probably one of the most import assets of a radio automation system. This is why we have equipped OnAir Radio with one of the best music schedulers around.
Having a tight integration between the library, the scheduler and the play-out makes many of the common radio tasks less complicated and far more user friendly.
One of the big advantages of having an integrated planner is that all changes to the planner can be reflected immediately in the playout.
Another advantage is that not only the music, promo’s and commercials can be scheduled, but non-schedule items like commands and events as well.
Our integrated music scheduler can also be used to prepare your broadcast by recording voice-tracks. The voice-tracks can be recorded in the scheduler and will be inserted in the player automatically.
Having a scheduler integrated with the library and the player not only makes your operation much more efficient, it also saves you money for an external music planner and the integration effort of combining 2 pieces of software.
The complete integration between library, scheduler and playout makes OnAir Radio one of the most powerful radio automation software systems around.
The planning rules module is the tool to make the templates for your playlists. The many automated features and the user-friendly layout makes this scheduler one of the most powerful and versatile music scheduling tools for radio stations around. The integration of this sophisticated scheduler into OnAir Radio makes it a truly fully integrated radio automation software system which will make your operation very efficient.
A good scheduler goes way beyond picking random items from a set of categories. If you want to compete with services like Spotify and YouTube, one of your weapons is a good, non-predictable playlist with a good flow of music from which your audience does not grow tired. They will love your station because of the music and the way your playlist is scheduled. The many intelligent schedule options in our built-in music scheduler will make this possible.
The Clocks are the basic building blocks of your schedule: Add categories, rules or commands to a clock and build as many clocks as you need.
Use Day templates to define the different days. You can make as many day templates as you like. In this way you can have a different day template for every single day of the week, but you can also define day templates for special occasions like Christmas or New year.
Format are a set of rules that can be applied to a single clock or to a set of clocks. Use formats to further define the ‘Feeling’ of your playlists.
At Sequence you can define how items are followed up by each other. You want an male voice to be followed by a duet or female Voice? No problem! Only want 3 Classic Rock items in a row? No problem! You want a English item separated by at least 2 other items? It can be done!
Rotation: Divide the day in “Dayparts” and define how items should rotate during your dayparts. An example: How long should it take if an item is scheduled in the morning before it can reappear in the morning? These kind of Rotation Rules ensures you will get a playlist which is far less predictable.
The Library of OnAir Radio is the central storage place for all your assets. It not only contains playable items, but also non-playable items like commands and charts.
Items can be easily added to the library by drag and drop. MP3 tags are automatically read and a wave form will be created which helps you in cueing the item.
All kind of metadata which is used for the scheduling later can be attached to the item easily.
Highlights of OnAir Radio
- Reliable: Our radio automation software is extremely stable. It is built for Windows 10 and is natively 64 bit. Automated nightly backups and an email system which warns you in case of troubles.
- User friendly: Our software has a logical and clear interface which makes it easy to learn and to operate.
- Complete package: OnAir Radio contains everything you need to run your radio station.
- Easy connectivity to all kind of hardware: OnAir Radio can be connected to different kinds of hardware and consoles, both analogue or completely digital over TCP/IP.
- Voice tracking from home: With our optional Web X Editor all you need for recording and editing voice-tracks from home is a web browser and a microphone.
- Excellent support: We understand that support is vital in the broadcast industry so we provide excellent support.
- Highly automated: OnAir Radio is a highly automated system, making your operation very efficient and diminishing human errors.
- Multiple stations: OnAir Radio excels in the operating of multiple stations. Every station uses the central music database and can be controlled from a central place.
- Regionalized content: OnAir Radio makes it easy to broadcast different commercial blocks to different regions without any manual interaction.
- Low Total Cost of ownership (TCO): Using OnAir Radio means a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): The high degree of automation will save you a lot of time. The software is easy to learn, so no expensive training is required. The software needs almost no support from technicians which can keep your labour costs low. Being a integrated solution, you save money on separate packages and integration costs and efforts.
Upgrading from your existing radio automation software system to OnAir Radio
Upgrading from your existing radio automation software system to OnAir Radio as your new system is an easy task with our FREE upgrading Service.
We have several tools to help you upgrade from your old radio automation software system to OnAir Radio. We have importing tools for many programs and would love to help you to make the upgrade from Dalet, Powergold, Music Master, Enco etc.
OnAir Radio questions
Do you have any question now? Just connect with us on Facebook Messenger and we can have a talk about your wishes:
Other possibilties to contact us:
- You can Skype us. Our Skype ID is info_caliope
- Mails will be answered quickly. Send your enquiry to email@example.com
- Grab the telephone and call us on +31 20 365 21 86
- Have a cup of coffee at our office in Amsterdam
Fill in this form if you would like to have more info.