Efficient TV scheduling software
OnAir TV is our TV scheduling software for all kind of linear and OTT TV channels. By automating many aspects of the scheduling process this versatile TV scheduling software is the perfect choice for all channels that should be operated in an efficient way.
The scheduling of TV playlists will be done automatically based on a set of clocks, formats and scheduling rules. Gaps will be filled automatically. Commercials and promo’s will be placed automatically. Series will be scheduled automatically. EPG’s for different providers will be generated automatically. After the scheduling is done, the playlists are exported to the TV play-out system of your choice.
OnAir TV allows you to replace the slow process of building a playlist by hand, filling up gaps by hand, placing promo’s and commercials by hand with an automated and efficient process.
The library of OnAir TV
The library is the central storage for all your media assets like movies, documentaries, series, short clips and other schedule items like promo’s, fillers and stills. All assets can be enriched with all the metadata that you need for the scheduling of your playlists, the generation of your EPG’s, the ingestion of commercials into your playlists and the managing of your legal details. The library also contains non-schedule information like distributors, charts, actors, composers etc.
All items can be previewed and edited in the editor. Items can be divided into different parts and other items can be linked.
The editor is the place where all kind of meta data can be attached to items. OnAir TV Planner provides a default set of metadata, but apart from this, it is possible to define your own metadata and hence enrich all items with the information that you need for your TV channel.
Soft division of items
The editor makes it possible to ‘soft divide’ items in multiple parts (soft division means that the item is divided into parts by placing markers at the positions were the item should be divided). After you have soft divided the item into different parts, other assets like promo’s or commercials can be placed between the parts. It is also possible to put placeholders for commercial breaks between the parts. Before airing, the scheduler will replace the commercial placeholders with the actual commercials.
Hard divided items
When you receive your items ‘hard divided’ or when your current inventory of items contains hard divided assets, these parts can be put together into one new item. Between the original parts, other assets like promo’s or commercials placeholders can be placed. Just like soft divided items, the scheduler can replace the commercial placeholders with the actual commercials.
The advantage of having your hard divided item as a single item in the library is that it is not necessary anymore to drag and drop the different parts to your playlist and to put the promo’s or commercials manually in between.
Composite items can be used to put a set of items together in a new item and to schedule them as a single item.
Composite items are used to make a block from existing items. These blocks can be any size you like; It can consist of a promo and then the main item but it is also possible to put dozens of items into a composite item and to make a whole program.
‘Events’ are used to play ‘events’ like promo’s or commercials before or after the item or between the different parts of the item.
Just drag the item, category or command before or after the item or place it in between the different parts. In this way, it is easy to proceed an item with a promo, to put commercials between the parts or to place a promo at the end of an item.
Events can contain items like promo’s or commercials, categories or commands. Commands are use to automate tasks. An example of an command is a placeholder for commercials which will be automatically replaced by the real commercials later on.
The library not only stores all kind of metadata of all the items, it also stores legal information about the items like start and end date of contracts and number of airings that are allowed. Of course, the legal rules will be obeyed by our TV scheduling software.
Statistics and logs
OnAir TV Planner will keep a list of all items that have been scheduled and will provide you with a range of reports about the airings of items.
In addition to all the necessary metadata, all items can be enriched with specific EPG data for your different distributors like Sky, Eutelsat, Virgin Media, Telenet, UnityMedia, UPC and many others.
The scheduler takes care of making your playlists. Making playlists can be done manually (per day or for many days ahead) or completely automatic (The scheduler will automatically make a playlist or a set of playlist at a convenient time).
Editing the playlist
Editing the playlist is easy: All items can be moved, deleted or new items can be inserted. Inserting items is easy, just drag and drop any item in your playlist. The software automatically recalculates the positioning of all items previous to and following the insert. All items that have been marked as ‘fixed’ will stay at exactly at the same position as before.
Gaps in the playlist, for example between the end of a movie and the news that should start at a fixed time, will be filled automatically.
When the playlist has changed, the gap filling mechanism can be started manually again to refill any gaps.
Gaps will be filled with ‘fillers’. Every item in then playlist can be marked as a filler and hence could be used as an item to fill gaps.
The fillers will be place according to an algorithm, thus taking care that the best fillers will be used at the correct places.
The Scheduling rules module is the place where you define the clocks, formats and schedule rules of your TV stations.
OnAir TV can schedule your items in a variety of ways:
- OnAir TV can schedule items or categories according to a pre-defined format.
- OnAir TV can plan single items according to a pre-defined schedule (based on a premiere and re-runs).
- On Air TV can plan series fully automatic.
- On Air TV can plan charts fully automatic.
- On Air TV can automatically fill gaps.
- OnAir TV let’s you make a schedule by drag and drop.
The clocks are a basic building stone of your scheduling rules.
A clock is a set of rules that define how a certain part of your day will be scheduled. A simple rule in a clock is: Start with a promo and then start a movie.
All clocks can be ended with a Fixed Break. When a clock ends with a fixed break, the clock will always be exactly as long as the fixed break states. Any gaps that might occur will be filled up automatically.
Day templates define a day. A day template is a collection of clocks.
Airing templates are a set of placeholders used to schedule items according to a specific scheme. An example of an Airing template is:
Schedule the premiere on Saturday night at 10, repeat the item the next Thursday at 9 and repeat it again 2 weeks later on Tuesday at 8.
Every item that is attached to this Airing Template will follow this scheme, all with its own startdate.
Airing Templates makes it very easy to make a horizontal schedule: In this example, you will have a premiere every Saturday night and the movie will be repeated according to the scheme.
The only thing left to do is attaching an Airing template to a movie and set its first airing date.
Of course, you can have as many Airing Templates as you need.
Break patterns will schedule all breaks for you.
Break patterns are attached to Day Templates and will be executed at the Break pattern times
A break pattern is a set of rules that will fully automatic schedule promos and commercials depending on the time of the day, the length of the item and the break pattern rules.
The very efficient tool will make the placement of promo’s and commercials a lot more efficient then traditional TV scheduling software.
Exporting EPG’s to your providers
When the playlists are generated, the EPG’s are automatically created in the formats of your provider.
Our TV scheduling software can schedule for as many TV channels as you have licenses for. All assets are stored in the same database and so are all the broadcast schedules. You can manage all your channels with only one software tool.
Highlights of OnAir TV
- OnAir TV is a user friendly TV scheduling software system and contains everything you need to schedule the playlists for your TV channel.
- OnAir TV automatically creates EPG’s for all your providers.
- OnAir TV has a build-in frame accurate editor.
- OnAir TV can make schedules for all kind of TV channels, ranging from music channels to category channels, teleshopping, worship and movie channels.
- Music channels can use our built-in extensive music scheduler to make the perfect playlists.
- OnAir TV can be connected to different kinds play-out software.
- Excellent support: We understand that support is vital in the broadcast industry. That is why we offer a complete support package which includes support by mail, Skype and Teamviewer, all updates and all new versions of our software.
- Highly automated: OnAir TV is a highly automated system, making your operation very efficient and diminishing errors. OnAir TV will cut out unnecessary manual steps and will thus save you a lot of time.
- Multiple stations: Besides regular scheduling, OnAir TV excels in the operating of multiple stations. Every station uses the central database and can be controlled from a central place.
- Low Total Cost of ownership (TCO): Using OnAir TV means a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): The software is easy to learn, so no expensive training is required. The software needs almost no support from technicians which can keep your labor costs low. Because OnAir Radio is a complete package that contains everything you need to prepare your broadcast you save money on separate packages and hence integration costs and efforts. Most important of all: The high degree of automation will save you a lot of time.