MAM and scheduling software for TV channels
OnAir TV is our advanced MAM and scheduling software tool for TV channels that are looking for an efficient way of managing their scheduling process.
Integration of OnAir TV to the play-out software of your choice
We have implemented integrations with playout systems like Cinegy, Playbox, Broadstream, GrassValley, Tools On Air, TV Player and Rohde & Schwarz.
Besides these exporters we are also able to control the playout with VDCP and MOS.
Integration with the EPG’s systems of your provider.
When the playlists are generated, the EPG’s are automatically created in the formats of your provider. Besides provider specific exports, the playlist can also be exported in JSON or XML.
The TV Scheduler
The scheduler is the part of the software that generates the playlist and takes the hard work out of the scheduling process. With all the built-in intelligence and its flexibilty the scheduler of OnAir TV is a very powerful tool for TV channels who would like to schedule in an efficient way.
The Long Term Planning
The TV scheduler creates your playlists based upon the Long Term Planning.
The Long Term Planning is the template of your schedule for the coming period and will probably stay the same for a long period of time.
The long Term Planning will define the outline of your schedule (Like: everday a news block at 9, followed by a movie). Even if the movie is not know yet, the Long Term Planning can be made.
Create your Long Term Planning with a set of Blocks, Reruns and Airings.
One of the basic building blocks for the Long Term Planning are Day templates.
A day template is a reusable block for a day of the week.
Filling Day templates
Once you have made Day Templates you can fill them with Blocks, Reruns and Airings.
Blocks are part of the day with a specific set of items, like series, documentaries, promo’s or commercial blocks.
Reruns are items which have a premiere and then a couple of reruns.
Airings are items that are planned only once.
Use Airing Templates to schedule premieres and re-runs.
Airing templates are templates that will take care that items will have a premiere on a certain day and will be repeated according to a pre-defined schedule.
A block template is ablock of a pre-defined length which contains a set of rules.
A simple set of rules in a block template is:
Start with a s commercial block and then start a promo. After the promo, schedule the evening news followed by another set of commercials.
All block templates can either have a fixed lenght or a flexible length.
When a block template has a fixed length, the block will always be exactly as long as indicated. Block templates with flexible lenght will adapt to their content.
Automatic scheduling of series
Categorize items into series and episodes and OnAir TV will plan the series fully automatic for you.
To even further automate your planning proces, use Break patterns to schedule pre-defined commercial breaks. A break pattern is a set of rules that will fully automatic schedule promos and commercials blocks depending on the time of the day, the length of the item and the break pattern rules.
This very efficient tool will make the placement of promo’s and commercials a lot more efficient then traditional TV scheduling software.
Use commands to define and control secondary events like Logo On/Off or switch to live events.
Define the commands in the Library and use them as a part of either a template or an item.
Any gap that might occur in your playlist will be auto-filled with Fillers.
All items in your library can be used as fillers. Just mark them as being a ‘Filler’.
A sophisticated alghorithm will take care that always the best filler or set of fillers will be used.
After changing the playlists manually new gaps may occur. In that case, the filling mechanism also can be called by hand to refill any new gaps.
Use Commercial Commands to pull commercials from external commercial planner like OnAir spots.
Commercial commands can be placed anywhere in your playlist: In blocks or attach them into or even inside items with the help of events.
Commercial commands also can be auto-placed with the Break-scheduler.
Media Asset Management
The library is the central storage for all your media assets like clips, movies, documentaries, series and promo’s, All assets can be searched, filtered and sorted easily. Tools for importing and batch editing are available in order to manage your assets efficiently.
All items can be previewed and edited in the editor, all frame accurate. The editor is also the place where you assign metadata to your items, where you can soft-part your items and where you can attach other elements to items like promo’s or commercials.
Items can be attached to series and scheduled automitaccly later or they can be attached to ‘Airing templates’ in order to schedule them as a premiere and reruns.
All assets can be enriched with all the metadata that you need. The metadata will be used for the automated scheduling of your playlists, but also for EPG generation and reporting.
All items can be enriched with specific EPG data for different EPG scheme’s.
The EPG can be exported to the format of your provider.
The library not only stores all kind of metadata of all the items, it also stores legal information about the items like start and end date of contracts and number of airings that are allowed. The scheduler will enforce all te legal rules so you can be sure to be in compliance.
Statistics and logs
OnAir TV Planner will keep a list of all items that have been scheduled and will provide you with a range of reports about the airings of items.
Our TV scheduling software can schedule for as many TV channels as you have licenses for. All assets are stored in the same database and so are all the broadcast schedules. You can manage all your channels with only one software tool.
Highlights of OnAir TV
- OnAir TV is a user friendly TV scheduling software system and contains everything you need to schedule the playlists for your TV channel.
- OnAir TV automatically creates EPG’s for all your providers.
- OnAir TV has a build-in frame accurate editor.
- OnAir TV can make schedules for all kind of TV channels, ranging from music channels to category channels, teleshopping, worship and movie channels.
- Music channels can use our built-in extensive music scheduler to make the perfect playlists.
- OnAir TV can be connected to different kinds play-out software.
- Excellent support: We understand that support is vital in the broadcast industry. That is why we offer a complete support package which includes support by mail, Skype and Teamviewer, all updates and all new versions of our software.
- Highly automated: OnAir TV is a highly automated system, making your operation very efficient and diminishing errors. OnAir TV will cut out unnecessary manual steps and will thus save you a lot of time.
- Multiple stations: Besides regular scheduling, OnAir TV excels in the operating of multiple stations. Every station uses the central database and can be controlled from a central place.
- Low Total Cost of ownership (TCO): Using OnAir TV means a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): The software is easy to learn, so no expensive training is required. The software needs almost no support from technicians which can keep your labor costs low. Because OnAir Radio is a complete package that contains everything you need to prepare your broadcast you save money on separate packages and hence integration costs and efforts. Most important of all: The high degree of automation will save you a lot of time.
OnAir TV demo or questions
If you would like an online demo of our software please contact us or fill in this form. We will then contact you to arrange for an online demo over the Internet with Skype or Teamveiwer.
We are here to help:
- Grab the telephone and call us on +31 20 365 21 86
- You can Skype us. Our Skype ID is: info_caliope
- Mails will be answered quickly. Send your enquiry to: email@example.com
- Have a cup of coffee at our office in Amsterdam
- Connect to us on Facebook and we can chat with Messenger.